Instead, I will say these things:
- I am planning to attend Love Is Murder this weekend, and if you're planning to be there as well, please seek me out to say "hi!"
- It will be the first time I've left Ada.
- I am a little anxious about the whole thing, but am really really really looking forward to it, too.
- I have nifty business cards with a great little image that Paul designed for Seek Ye First. (It involves a thumb drive and coffee, so how could it not be great?)
- I've decided that book sucks, by the way. I still love the characters and the story; I'm just convinced that I'm a talentless hack and will be rewriting it until I die. Which might be soon.
- On an entirely related note, we are struggling with sleep. And by "we" I mean Ellie. And by "struggling" I mean that bedtime involves over an hour of working to get her down to sleep at night, while afternoons are currently a negotiation between "nap time" and "quiet time" in the hope that if we can keep her awake all day, she'll sleep better at night. That's not working as well as I'd hoped. She's cranky and tired in the late afternoons/evenings, while still waking up several times a night (she's been out of her room twice already since midnight tonight) and getting up before 6:00 am. But at least she didn't fight sleep as hard at bedtime today.
- Have I mentioned that I'm sleepy? Oh, I wasn't going to talk about that. Nevermind.