Instead, I will say these things:
- I am planning to attend Love Is Murder this weekend, and if you're planning to be there as well, please seek me out to say "hi!"
- It will be the first time I've left Ada.
- I am a little anxious about the whole thing, but am really really really looking forward to it, too.
- I have nifty business cards with a great little image that Paul designed for Seek Ye First. (It involves a thumb drive and coffee, so how could it not be great?)
- I've decided that book sucks, by the way. I still love the characters and the story; I'm just convinced that I'm a talentless hack and will be rewriting it until I die. Which might be soon.
- On an entirely related note, we are struggling with sleep. And by "we" I mean Ellie. And by "struggling" I mean that bedtime involves over an hour of working to get her down to sleep at night, while afternoons are currently a negotiation between "nap time" and "quiet time" in the hope that if we can keep her awake all day, she'll sleep better at night. That's not working as well as I'd hoped. She's cranky and tired in the late afternoons/evenings, while still waking up several times a night (she's been out of her room twice already since midnight tonight) and getting up before 6:00 am. But at least she didn't fight sleep as hard at bedtime today.
- Have I mentioned that I'm sleepy? Oh, I wasn't going to talk about that. Nevermind.
If you currently feel that you're a hack, it just means you're a really great writer. The feeling like a hack stuff is just all part of the game. So, welcome! I want cute business cards too! Where did you have them printed? I hope you're sound asleep as I type this comment!ReplyDelete
I wanna come with you this weekend! You certainly wouldn't notice an extra bag that weighed...oh...above the official limit being snuck on with you. Would you? :)ReplyDelete
Have a wonderful time, and GET SOME REST. It will make everything else look much cheerier.
I gave into the tired the second I named my blog. Come to the dark side.ReplyDelete
Thanks, Barrie. :) Is this like how you supposedly don't doubt your sanity if you're actually insane?ReplyDelete
Tracey, I'm sure I wouldn't notice you at all . . . especially if you carried my bags for me. (I seem to have over-packed.)
OneTiredEma, I don't know what to say. Except that it's 10:45 and I'm about to pour myself a cup of coffee.